Over a very long period, we are supporting a captive bank located in Germany and globally active. In various projects, we helped our customer manage the increasing complexity of their business as well as the corresponding data & analytics platform.
Primarily, we are enabling many business departments to use their data as an asset. One of our latest projects was about the integration and systemization of these efforts – building up a well-suited data strategy.
To push our customer on a strategic level of data use, we proceeded to
- elaborate guiding principles for handling data
- focus on data consumers and their needs
- manage several challenges in the BI/DWH operation
- analyse the lineage and responsibilities of missing data
- eliminate time consuming development processes
- Basis for all activities is the business strategies and the targets for an optimized data management
- Together with the stakeholders,cross functions like a BICC, data consumers and experts we worked during structured workshops to develop the optimal solution
- Coming from business targets and used cases, we were elaborating guiding principles for later projects
On-site as well as virtual, we were engaged with a team of usually two Senior Consultants, for example BI Lead Experts or Data Strategy Experts depending on the specific challenges the customer is facing.
Thanks to our expertise our customer was able to get a
- clear picture of root causes and possible solutions for problems in handling data withinthe data & analytics platform, data warehouse or reporting tool
- guidance for processes, organization, roles, governance and tools to gain more value out of data in the company and to enable advanced usage of data, e.g. for analytical use cases
- well-founded basis fordata & analytics project roadmap to achieve targets of the Business Data Strategy